Paid Social Internships at What's up Bharat [Closed]
OrganizerWhat's Up Bharat(NGO/Non-profit/Social enterprise)
June 1, 2012
End Date : July 15, 2012
Deadline: April 30, 2012
Eligibility Undergrad Level,Grad Level,Postgrad Level,Non-students
Type of Opportunity Internship/TrainingTags
Published OnApril 24, 2012
Who are we?
What’s up Bharat is a start-up social enterprise launched on August 15, 2011 that comprises art and program operations at a physical hub in Hauz Khas Village and an online hub on polling and multimedia launching in May 2012. It is hub, network and new media platform that delivers services for people who want social change in India by democratizing innovations and best practices in art, polling, new media, entrepreneurship and social justice. Our tagline: Art-Ideas-Action / Kala-Kalpana-Karma.
Our mission is to connect the youth of India with the resources/networks they need and to inspire, engage and empower them on social change through art, ideas and action. We are creating a new system based on:
- Multi-format physical hub for arts/retail and various events
- Online hub for media, polling and communities on social issues
- Three services - Arts, Media and Programs - under one brand
- Network of artists, college associates and NGO partners, and focused outreach efforts towards excluded segments of the population
Our physical hub, called the Jai Bharat Centre, is a 5000 square feet multi-format event and interaction space located at One Hauz Khas Village, in the cultural hub of Delhi. Spread across three floors the space is used for arts & retail, co-working, media and events/programs for civic engagement including a regular schedule of our own events (forums, workshops, screenings and performances) and different programs with partners. We rent space to many small NGOs at nominal cost and our activities are revenue neutral, employing a cross-subsidy model, balancing revenue generation with outreach and impact. The goal is to create a unique physical hub for 'the motivated youth’, an arts and events centre and also a cafe, library and media engagement space.
The online hub www.whatsupbharat.in is a Web 2.0 community and a new media platform with issues based polling, curated multimedia and link to programs, providing seamless online-offline integration with JBC’s events and exhibitions as well as a connected, national web community of college users and various media and program partners who can share content and exchange with each other in multiple ways leveraging our services.
- Full-time position requiring min 50 hours/week
- Job based at the Jai Bharat Centre in Hauz Khas Village (in New Delhi, India)
- Internship period: June 1, 2012 to July 15, 2012
1. PHP/Drupal Coder
2. Content Writer
3. Polling Research
4. Comic Artist (Cartoonist)
5. Graphic Designer
6. Video editor
7. Events Management
- Mission-driven: Demonstrated commitment to the mission and vision of What’s up Bharat
- Results-oriented: Process and outcome-oriented with exemplary organizational skills. Proactively stays on top of multiple projects in a fast-paced environment while prioritizing competing demands. Identifies and involves stakeholders in a timely and appropriate manner, especially to provide progress updates and manage workload.
- Detail-oriented: A perfectionist with a keen eye for even the smallest details.
- Quick learner: Comfortable with IT systems, curious, with demonstrated experience grasping new concepts and handling increasing levels of responsibility.
- Effective communicator with strong interpersonal skills: Active listener and exceptional communicator who presents information (written and verbal) with clarity and precision; is courteous and calm under pressure.
1. Please send your updated CV and a cover letter to email@example.com
2. In your cover letter, please clearly indicate the following:
- How you learned of the opening
- How will you be fit for this job position
- Your availability for the internship period
3. Also attach at least two samples of previous work done to support your application
4. Application to more than one role is permitted, but it must be explained clearly in the cover letter
5. Selected candidates will be called for a phone, followed up in-person, interview at the Jai Bharat Centre with members of the management team.
- Become a part of the extended What’s up Bharat network and link with its core team
- Receive a professional certificate and a stipend of 5000 INR on successful completion of the commitment
- Opportunity to receive a pre-placement offer from What’s up Bharat based on performance
- Get national recognition for your efforts through What’s up Bharat website, social media and newsletters/publications
- What’s up Bharat is currently running a Yuva Bharat Associate Program. All interns will get a chance to be a part of it.
Who are the Founders of What’s up Bharat?
- Kartik Desai, MD & CEO: Eight years of full-time experience in management consulting, investment banking, private equity and social venture capital (BTS Group, Merrill Lynch, Lok Capital) and development sector work with Rockefeller Foundation and UNDP. Masters in International Affairs from Columbia and Bachelors in Economics from Wharton. Born in Delhi and raised in Geneva and New York since age of 10, returned to India in 2005.
- Arvind Khavadiya, MD – Business: Over nine years of experience managing family arts / artifacts business focused on Indian antique and contemporary art and two years experience in hospitality industry managing hotel resort and restaurant business in Goa. Extensive relationships with artists and developers. Grew up in Delhi with travel and stays in Rajasthan, AP, Goa and Kerala. Speaks multiple Indian languages and dialects.
In case of any queries, please mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can find out further details on What’s up Bharat by visiting our website (alpha) www.whatsupbharat.in or FB page www.facebook.com/whatsupbharat