Let's Make A Difference - 17th Annual Youth Conference [Closed]
OrganizerMRA - Initiatives of Change(NGO/Non-profit/Social enterprise)
June 1, 2012
End Date : June 8, 2012
Deadline: May 21, 2012
Eligibility Undergrad Level,Grad Level,Postgrad Level,Non-students
Type of Opportunity Conference/Symposium/SummitTags
Published OnMay 5, 2012
• "Let's make a Difference" is an Annual Youth Conference at Asia Plateau, Panchgani. Young people from all walks of life, all across the country are welcome.
• A dedicated youth organizing team comes to Asia Plateau year after year to co-ordinate this conference. What brings them time and again to this place is an idea called Initiatives of Change (IofC).
• Youth today are being pulled in all directions by the media, parents and peers. Which path to take seems to be the question on each young mind? Absence of clear role models and shifting moral values makes this question even more complex.
• Initiatives of Change believes in honesty, purity, unselfishness and love. At the base of these absolute values is the 'Quiet Time' that focuses on listening to one's own conscience.
• Philosophy of Initiatives of Change challenges a young mind to live by these ethical values. It may sound outdated, at the end of the Youth Conference one feels equipped to live by these values which is the beginning of change. So, make your date with Initiatives of Change and open those pages of your life which are still unruffled.
• ‘Lets’ Make A Difference’ provides a platform where participants and speakers gets a chance to share, interact, collaborate and learn from youth representing various ethnic, sub-ethnic, linguistic, nationalities, cultural, rural, urban and semi-urban divide. In short, this eight-day gathering of young minds builds a nation of multi-race and multi-faith people who believes to work towards change, locally or globally, by starting with change in their own lives.
• The heart of this Conference lies in the morning quiet time, one's personal space, as well as listening to the stories of others' success and struggles which leads to personal introspection, realization of one's mistakes and in time, correction.
• The conference aims to inspire and motivate the participants to help them realize their inner strengths, to strengthen their value system and lead in the objectives contributing towards a cleaner, calmer and a fairer world.
• To achieve this, we take the participants on an inward journey wherein they introspect and understand themselves better thus helping them to initiate changes in their lives to make a difference. We have been successful in ensuring that our Conference brings a sense of accountability and commitment to be benchmark citizens.
Important Details :
• Conference will be inaugurated at 4.00 pm on 1 June, 2012 and will conclude with lunch on 8 June, 2012.
• Conference contribution per participant is Rs. 4,000 and includes stay, meals, conference material and a day's outing to Mahabaleshwar.
• Contribution can be paid in cash, cheque or DD must be drawn in favour of "Friends of Moral Re - Armament (India)". For outstation cheques, please add Rs.50 as bank charges.
Important Note :
• Mornings are chilly, so carry warm clothing.
• Panchgani is 100 kms. from Pune and 260 kms. from Mumbai. Pune is the nearest railway station and airport. One can get state transport buses and taxis from Pune.
Contact Us :
All correspondence or inquiry should be addressed to:
Asia Plateau, Panchgani - 412 805
Dist. Satara, Maharashtra
Tel.: (02168) 240 241/240 242 Fax: (02168) 240 004
Online Application Form: http://www.lmad.in/lmad-2012-application-form.php
Web: http://www.in.iofc.org/ / http://www.lmad.in/ / http://iofclmad.wordpress.com/ /
Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/iofc.lmad
Facebook event : https://www.facebook.com/events/218246694952911/
Mobile : +91 9860136159 (Anurag Maloo)
Want to apply for this opportunity? Click here: